As the summer rolls along, there are a couple of amateur radio tailgate events on the schedule. These tailgate meetings are a good place to visit with other hams, ask a bunch of questions, answer a bunch of questions, and buy, sell, and swap ham equipment.
Edmond Tailgate Meeting
According to the host, Jerry Sams N5KNU, this will probably be the last Edmond Tailgate event of the year. This is a free event, bring your own tailgate, table, and chair. Take all of your trash.
- Saturday, Aug. 21 7:30-noon
It is held at 332 West 33rd, Edmond, OK, just behind the R.L. Williams Co. building. Look for the 90′ tall Edmond water tower, and you’ll be there.
Green Country TAILGATE SWAP MEET
Saturday, September 11, 2021
Opens at 8 AM and it closes at 3 PM.
To be held at the EAST parking lot at:
Asbury United Methodist Church,
6767 South Mingo Road,
Some prizes will be raffled,
Tailgate or bring your own table and chair,
Admission is FREE!
SPECIAL EVENT STATION
Missing Joplin Emergency Communications Trailer
ARRL Section Emergency Coordinator, Mark Conklin, N7XYO, posted the following info regarding stolen Amateur Radio Equipment.
Watch out for this stuff!
On August 1st, 2021, the Joplin ARC trailer was stolen and all items were removed. Four complete stations and a generator were removed. The trailer was recovered. We are asking hams to watch for these items appearing at flea markets, pawnshops, and other venues.
A Google search for pawn shops in your area will list those nearby so you can contact them.
These items are hot. Don’t wait, pass this list around. Thanks!
Please notify the police and us should you locate them.
’73 — Jim
Joplin ARC Trailer contents – including Serial Numbers
- Stolen items from JARC TRAILER on Sunday August 1st.
- Portable Generator Honda EU2000iA1 08P57-Z07-OOS
- Transceiver Yaesu FT-2800M 9L941758
- Transceiver Icom IC-9100 2002766
- Transceiver Icom IC-7410 2003004
- Power Supply MFJ MFJ-4230MV 159003081 FRC12
- Power Supply MFJ MFJ-4230MV 159003084FRC12
- Transceiver KENWOOD TS-440 w/voice option
- POWER SUPPLY KENWOOD PS-30 1011369
- 30ft Free-Standing Tower Texas Tower 4-30 4SFX30FT Alum (has a yellow metal pivot base attached)
- Rotor & control cable Yaesu G450
- Multi-Band Beam Mosley Ant-Mini-32-A 2 element n/a
- Two 12/3 x 100ft extension cords
- 3 Pop up tents
- Tool Chest
- Toolbag with small electrical tools and Xcelite colored socket drivers
- Dipole 40 meter
- Portable multiband trap dipoles
- Coaxial cables
Amateur radio clubs are the backbone of the hobby. The tremendous local hams have good information, and as Elmers or mentors love to share it. Send something that your club is doing well to me email@example.com, and I’ll feature your club in this newsletter. Most clubs have seen an increase in new member activity during the pandemic. Our Oklahoma Affiliated Club Coordinator, Jim Shideler W5JCS, can help you find a club or help your club become affiliated. We currently have 38 clubs listed at https://aresok.org/clubs. Look for a club near you, or verify that your club is on the list. Send Jim an email at W5JCS@arrl.net if you need club assistance.
You can find ARRL Oklahoma Section all over the web at:
- ARESOK — https://aresok.org/
- ARRL.org — http://www.arrl.org/sections/view/oklahoma
- Blogspot — http://arrlok.blogspot.com/
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/arrloklahoma
- Twitter — https://twitter.com/arrl_OK/
- ARRL Member Emails — https://www.arrl.org/myarrl-account-management#!/edit-info-email_subscriptions
JOIN/RENEW ARRL NOW — http://arrl.org/join/
73, de N5HZR — Stand by, more follows…