Hamfests are conventions or conferences for amateur radio operators. These events typically have vendors from the regional area, classes to learn more about new topics, test sessions for new or current hams to upgrade their licenses, and much more.
In Oklahoma, we have six hamfests throughout the year.
- Checotah – Second weekend in January
- Elk City – First weekend in March
- Green Country – Claremore – Second weekend in April
- Ham Holiday – Oklahoma City – Fourth Weekend in July
- Enid – Third weekend in September
- Hamarama – Ardmore – Fourth weekend in October
If you would like to be involved in one or more of these hamfests, please get in touch with Mark Kleine N5HZR at email@example.com.