Hamfests have been on hold for most of the pandemic. There will be two opportunities to enjoy a hamfest, meet your fellow hams, take an FCC license test, learn some new skills, and buy/sell some ham gear.
Hamarama Holiday 2021
This year the Ham Holiday crew, CORA, will be teaming up with the Texoma Hamarama crew to put on an in-person two-day hamfest on October 22 and 23, 2021, in Ardmore, OK. This hamfest has been running for 74 years, and it will be the largest hamfest in Oklahoma in 2021. So make your plans to see us there.
- Location: Ardmore Convention Center – 2401 Rockford Rd – Ardmore, OK 73401
- Friday Times: 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm (setup from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- Saturday Times: 8:00 am to 1:30 pm (setup from 7:00 am to 8:00 am)
- Order Tickets Online: Get your tickets today $8 online — $10 at the door.
- Covid-19 Precautions: Will match local requirements. (Get your vaccines.)
- Hotels: Holiday Inn Ardmore is on-site, or Springhill Suites by Marriott Ardmore, Courtyard by Marriott Ardmore, Red Roof Inn Ardmore, Super 8 Wyndham Ardmore, and Guest Inn are within a half-mile.
- Hourly Prize Drawings: Buy your tickets at the door or online.
- Grand Prize Drawing: Saturday at 1:00 pm
- Friday Dinner: A local food truck will be available.
- Saturday Breakfast/Lunch: A local food truck will be available.
- License Testing: Free amateur radio FCC testing will be offered on-site at 9:00 am on Saturday. Click here to register for the test.
- Flea Market Tables: Indoor tables available, and outdoor tables are available, to sell your goodies to buy more goodies!
- Vendors: Amateur radio-related vendors invited. More details as they confirm.
- Parking: Lots of free parking.
- Outdoor Tailgate Section: Bring your large gear, or just hang out in the outdoor section. Sign up for your spot today. See the photo below.
- For more information: Contact Mark Kleine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-410-6756.
- ARRL Sanctioned Event: Oklahoma State Convention
Enid Hamfest 2021
The Enid Hamfest of 2021 will be live and in-person on November 6th, 2021, from 8:00, am to 5:00 pm.
- Admission will be $5
- Extra tickets, $3 each, or five for $10.
- Hourly drawings.
- Grand prize drawings at 4:00 pm
- Club members and non-members are eligible winners
- No restriction on winnings per person
- Tables are $5.00 per table. To reserve tables, call Bill Nokes, W5EIY, at 580-716-4788 or email him at email@example.com. Pre-reserved vendor rooms are not refundable if not used.
- 145.290 (-) No PL W5HTK
- 147.150 (+) No PL W5HTK
- 444.825 (+) No PL N5LWT (Echolink N5UBY)
FREE COFFEE BAR
- 09:00 am –
- 10:00 am – ARRL Information and Update
- 11:00 am – Drones and Hams by Matthew Loomis, N5KFN
- Echolink by Jeff Worth, N5UBY
- 12:00 pm – 1:00pm Lunch Break
- 01:00 pm – License Testing
- 02:00 pm – Grand Prize Drawings
- 03:00pm –
- 04:00pm –
The Premier of NIGHT, the Movie
During this year’s field day, a visitor arrived from John D’Aquino’s Young Actors Workshop at the Edmond Amateur Radio Society’s location. Marcus Sutliffe N5ZY talked with them and found they wanted to make a short film with an amateur radio plot, and they needed some help. They were filming in Stillwater, OK, and needed someone with film/video experience and someone who could be a technical advisor. So we got Kevin O’Dell N0IRW involved, and in no time, he had assembled radios, props, consulted on the script, and was ready for a long day of filming.
The purpose of this film is to give young aspiring actors a chance to hone their craft in a real movie environment. Thanks to the Oklahoma Film and Music Office, https://okfilmmusic.org/, they filmed three short movies in Oklahoma. So, when you watch the film, you can see the improvement in the youngsters as the movie progresses.
This week the movie premiered and is available on YouTube as a 34 minute short at
Kevin stars as the radio voice of Colonel and should be up for an Emmy for best supporting actor. Kevin says any requests for autographs should go through his agent, Wilma W5WRO. Both Kevin and Marcus have their name in the credits, so make sure you stay through the ending!
Thanks, Kevin, for putting a great light on amateur radio!