Last night’s storm reminded most of the state of Oklahoma that severe weather could happen in any month. Hopefully, all ARES members were paying attention and could assist with the trouble in their county. I want to take this opportunity to do a few things.
- Verify your connections.
- Were you able to contact your local net?
- Were your batteries charged?
- Could you locate your radios?
- Were they still packed with the latest special event gear? (like mine were)
- Were you able to communicate with others?
- Have you signed up for the ARES Oklahoma https://ARESOK.org/join/ website?
- Have you updated your contact information and station information on https://aresok.org/wp-admin/profile.php? Take a look and update as needed.
ARES Oklahoma Meeting
With both OU & OSU at away games and Ardmore Hamfest canceled, it has left us with a unique opportunity. That said, we have decided to hold an ARES Oklahoma Leadership meeting.
The gathering will be open to all leaders, volunteers, and interested radio amateurs.
So, SAVE THE DATE:
Saturday, October 23, 2021 (approximate time frame 9 am to 1 pm)
Where: Norman Firehouse #7
And, Zoom/YouTube attendance options will be available.
More detail to follow > please make plans to attend.
73, Mark Conklin, N7XYO
Oklahoma Section Emergency Coordinator
Amateur Radio Emergency Service
The Enid Hamfest is still on schedule. November 6, 2021. More information is available at https://enidarc.squarespace.com/enidhamfest
Amateur radio clubs are the backbone of the hobby. The tremendous local hams have good information, and as Elmers or mentors love to share it. Send something that your club is doing well to me email@example.com, and I’ll feature your club in this newsletter. Most clubs have seen an increase in new member activity during the pandemic. Our Oklahoma Affiliated Club Coordinator, Jim Shideler W5JCS, can help you find a club or help your club become affiliated. We currently have 38 clubs listed at https://aresok.org/clubs. Look for a club near you, or verify that your club is on the list. Send Jim an email at W5JCS@arrl.net if you need club assistance.
You can find ARRL Oklahoma Section all over the web at:
- ARESOK — https://aresok.org/
- ARRL.org — http://www.arrl.org/sections/view/oklahoma
- Blogspot — http://arrlok.blogspot.com/
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/arrloklahoma
- Twitter — https://twitter.com/arrl_OK/
- ARRL Member Emails — https://www.arrl.org/myarrl-account-management#!/edit-info-email_subscriptions
JOIN/RENEW ARRL NOW — http://arrl.org/join/
73, de N5HZR — Stand by, more follows…