As a part of the Year of the Volunteer celebration, the mystical callsign W1AW will be traveling to the corners of ARRL-land. ARRL members in each state/territory will be asked to operate their stations for two different weeks using the callsign W1AW/x where x is one of the local regions: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, KL, KH0, KH2, KH6, KH7, KH8, KP2, KP3, or KP4. For example, Oklahoma’s second week is running now and runs through August 22, 2023, at 2359z, using the callsign W1AW/5. You can operate on time/band/mode slots throughout the week, and hams will be able to operate their stations using W1AW/. Sign up for a space today at https://ok.arrl.org/w1awok/.
Traveling W1AW rules include:
- Remember that each operator must follow the rules for their license class. Stay in the sub-bands that you’re legally allowed to operate in.
- Operators do not need to be at the same site.
- Members that contact the Traveling W1AW stations will receive 5 points.
- Each band/mode combination can be activated simultaneously. For example, N5OP could be working on 20 M SSB, N5OK could be working on 20 M CW, N5AZQ could be working on 20 M FT8, and N5HZR could be on 40 M SSB, all at the same time.
- The state weekly assignments are shown below in the W1AW/ Schedule area below.
- State operations start at 0000z each Wednesday.
- State operations stop at 2359z the following Tuesday.
- Operations should not happen on the 12 M, 17 M, 30 M, or 630 M bands.
- All logs for the week should be consolidated into one ADIF file so the folks at ARRL HQ can load them into LoTW. The https://ok.arrl.org/w1awok/ page is the OK schedule.
Sign up today, and see you on the air!!!
Send something that your club is doing well to me email@example.com, and we’ll submit it to the ARRL club newsletter and the ARRL club newsletter. Our Oklahoma Affiliated Club Coordinator, Jim Shideler W5JCS, can help you find a club or help your club become affiliated. We currently have 39 clubs listed at https://ok.arrl.org/clubs/. Look for a club near you, or verify that your club is on the list. Send Jim an email at W5JCS@arrl.net if you need club assistance.
ARRL Oklahoma is On The Web
OK.ARRL.ORG — https://ok.arrl.org/
ARESOK — https://aresok.org/
ARRL.org — http://www.arrl.org/sections/view/oklahoma
Blogspot — http://arrlok.blogspot.com/
Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/arrloklahoma
Twitter — https://twitter.com/arrl_OK/
ARRL Member Emails — https://www.arrl.org/myarrl-account-management#!/edit-info-email_subscriptions
JOIN/RENEW ARRL NOW — http://arrl.org/join/
73, de N5HZR — Stand by, more follows…